- Hospitalar, Saude / Medicina
As a team, The Rehab Group provides a warm and friendly environment with therapists who are professional and genuinely care about your health. We aim to bring the patient back from painful and limiting conditions after an injury or sickness, to a normal state of health. We provide a unique combination of physical, emotional and psychological treatments with a personal, hands-on approach. The services we offer are provided in the most professional and confidential manner possible. We will work with you and your doctor to find the treatment that will produce the best results in the least amount of time.
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Minimum Education & Skills required:
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent
- Experience of supporting people with disabilities in a person focused approach to service delivery
- Experience of working within a HIQA registered service
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual, Disability, and Epilepsy and Positive Mental Health is desirable
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources
- To comply with Health and Safety and safeguarding legislation.
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Full Clean Drivers Licence is essential
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Permanent Contract, 19.5 Hours
Location: Clonmel, Co Tipperary - Ireland
Outras oportunidades de emprego - Rehab Group